Unlike other role-playing games,  lack of quest log makes players concentrate on dialogue and their surroundings to follow certain NPC storylines. The beginning of a questline was so hidden that FromSoftware set out to ensure that players naturally gravitate toward the questline.

Boc the Seamster is easy to overlook. The Seamster first appears in Limgrave The introductory region where everyone's Elden Ring adventure begins, however, I've not seen him in any way during my current, 100-hour-long playing through. Boc can be disguised in the form of a shrub at the time players first see him. He at the time of the game's launch Boc only yelled out to players who are passing by Tarnished as they stepped close enough to his grill. He's very well hidden in fact that I've seen players go close enough to begin Boc's ambiguous dialogue, then search the area to find the source, then walk away without having noticed his camouflage.

In the bite-sized Illusory Wall video above, the huge update of last month increased the distance at which Boc begins to signal in the direction of Elden Ring players. This makes it so that those who stick to the same landmarks can detect Boc from the nearby cobblestone street without the need to travel into the lush grasslands surrounding it.

FromSoftware even added a rare, purple-tinted item drop nearby to entice Tarnished to continue exploring the area Boc is hiding. However, it's up to the players to determine if they need to attack or transform into Boc's bush to reveal his identity.

Now, you're likely to be wondering if Boc's storyline is worth all this effort. The answer is contingent on what you'd like to get from Elden Ring. As far as the rewards, I'd say no since everything Boc can perform for you (i.e. alter clothing) is already done yourself by visiting The Sites of Grace checkpoints after finding the requisite key items. If you're in search of an incredibly heartbreaking Souls story, look no further than this wacky dude.

Boc is described as an anomaly. It's a demon-human, a species that is typically vicious, ape-like creatures that have likely been killed in hundreds before you meet him. But one that can think and communicate like a human. When you meet Boc who has recently was evicted from a demi-human-themed den that is located along the Limgrave shoreline. He's offering to head back into the den to give you a reward to help reclaim him from being a shrub. That doesn't go so well for him. However, should you decide to take on the boss you'll discover his own sewing kit. Bring it back to Boc and he becomes your personal seamster, customizing your clothes for free.

The next paragraph is a sad story of Boc's struggles to accept his appearance, and the many ways in which you can help him come to terms with his position in life, either for the better or worse. I'll let you experience these options for yourself, just remember that beauty is in the eye of the viewer.

It's been stated before, but let me say it once more: Elden Ring is massive. The majority of players won't find all its secrets during a single playthrough. Even if you've hit the triple digits during your time I'd suggest that you jump back in and see what else there is to discover, especially as the developers continue to add content to the game and make modifications to the existing content.